Union Square Publishing specializes in working with organizations that want to expand their brand by building a customized ‘Private Label’ publishing company. This one-stop publishing capability is complete with a full suite of ‘Back Office Services’ and global distribution for print and electronic formats.
Offering this easy, effective value-added service provides several opportunities to create new revenue streams; to develop deep and ongoing relationships; and to provide increased exposure to media, businesses and new business potential.
Authors will take pride in publishing through their own organization and will benefit from the cumulative expertise and guidance provided by the Union Square Team. Authors will be able to focus on building their businesses while Union Square Publishing manages the complexities of the production, distribution and sales. The author will also benefit from Union Square Team’s ability to get books to market quickly and professionally.
Our business model is designed to speed authors along the path to profitability and we have created a number of packages available to authors.
Union Square Publishing can build a Publication Center (see below) that supports authors with a single place to manage the publication and full life-cycle of their books in all formats.
The Union Square Team of experts provides authors with high quality products, innovative solutions and cost-effective services in a simple process from delivery of manuscript, to marketing and worldwide distribution. Union Square Publishing partners with your organization to ensure a successful publication for each author – and your company will get the credit!
Ongoing sales, marketing support and social networking tools are available, along with featured displays in your branded online bookshop. Additional custom services are available, including ghost-writing, advanced marketing strategy, book-trailer development, and author website development, among others.
A private label publishing operation includes:
- Branded Publication Center hosted by Union Square Publishing and linked to your website. Each subsidiary tier will be discrete for the designated group yet visible from the Primary Publication Center. Secondary Pub Centers and Tertiary Pub Centers can be added for an additional cost per center.
- Easy online author registration process
- Online bookshop
- Financial Management Services including:
~ Collection of sales income from the channel distribution partners
~ Organization, calculation and dispersal of author royalties
- Direct access to an Author Relationship Manager (ARM) who provides assistance throughout the publication process including answering questions about using the system, providing support in the creation and use of Author Promotional Pages and use of coupon codes in micro-promotions, and coordinating the involvement of additional team experts, as needed.
- A unique, password-protected Author Account. This dashboard enables the author to manage the business aspects of the publication, such as:
~ Launch new titles (including new editions of older titles to which the author has rights)
~ Manage content updates
~ Update and manage metadata (the detailed information about each book required to properly display the book and to drive sales through wholesalers, retailers, libraries and through the author’s own online bookshop)
~ Purchase reprints at the author-discount price
- Bookshop will list all books published by your organization and will include a buy button to Amazon and BN.com
- Collection of Sales Income from the Channel Distribution Partners
- Author Commission Statements sent directly to author quarterly
~ Comprehensive developmental editing
- Interior design
- Cover design
- Advanced digital conversion including:
~ Enhanced eBook conversion with audio and/or video components
~ Fixed layout format conversion for heavily illustrated titles if appropriate
- eBook promotional preview creation
~ Advanced market strategy and implementation
~ Promotion/PR writing and event booking
~ Social media strategy and execution
~ Book-trailer (video commercial) development
~ Amazon Bestseller campaigns
- Author Websites and Landing Pages
- Audio-book development and production
- Other products such as: DVD, CD or coaching course materials